Monday, April 28, 2008

Our 5th letter from Jordan! Received on Friday April 25, 2008

Dear Mom & Dad,
So since my email time today really stunk since I forgot to log off,
oh well it's okay.
Thanks for the letters. My schedule is 6:00-6:30- wake up then eat at
7:00-7:30. Then we usually got to class for a couple of hours. Lunch
11:30. We get mail during lunch & dinner. Dinner is at 4:30-ya really
early it's crazy, but I don't seem to get too hungry, probably cause
we are too busy. After lunch we more class, so we typically have
class with teachers twice a day, then either a meeting or study
time-comp-1hour-personal -1 hour-1 hour language. I don't think I've
ever studied so hard but it is wonderful. We are only supposed to
write on PD's-Tuesdays. Thanks for writing through Dear elder, it's
nice. Is it free? We get back to our rooms at 9:30 & go to bed at
10:30. So not much time to do anything. I typically just brush my
teeth then write in my journal. But it's fun to kinda wind down.
There is so much I wanna tell you bit it's hard to write so I try &
just tell the important things. Our PD's we do laundry- that stinks,
write & get to go to the Temple. That's the awesome part! It's
amazing & I'm so thankful for that opportunity. I'm really going to
miss the Temple when I get to Italy.
How's life? How are you Dad? How's Penny? How is everything? I
really stink at this letter writing thing, but I hope I'll get better
for you guys. Mom will those forever stamps work when postage goes
up?
Oh ya, bars of soap go really fast so should I buy some or will you
send some? I think it will be easier to buy some here, but I don't
know. I'll just get some.
Dad could you check my account (checking to see how much I have)?
Thanks Love you. Sorry again for being so needy, but thanks for
everything! Any kind of treats are nice. Jerky-
I'm getting along better with my Collega cause we are actually having
productive study & actually talking. Still doesn't change the fact
he's a little weird, but I'm sure I am too, in fact I know I am!
Mom the letter in Italian was cool but I had to have someone translate
it. You should do that again in a month! Aunt Elna & Aunt Julie both
wrote & Aunt Elna sent a package so that was nice.
Well, we just got back from the Temple & it was great. It's so
peaceful & relaxing, it kid of gives you the breath you need to get
through the rest of the week.
Thanks for forwarding Scott's letter to me. He gave some good advice
haha so that was nice.
So I mentioned that I was sick, well I caught a head cold that was
moving around our district. It was so miserable! It was so hard to
study & concentrate. I had a pounding headache & that made sleep
pretty crappy. But I asked for a blessing & it was really good.
Anziano Bailey gave it to me & the next day I started feeling better.
So that was a perfect example of the power of the Priesthood & I
really think it strengthened or coppia.
The language is ok. It's rough & you know me I HAVE to work, work,
work & work some more, but it will come I know it. I can't wait to
leave. For the past 2 weeks we have been working on PMG lesson 1-The
Restoration, but this week we start lesson 2. I think we teach it
twice at the TRC-where we teach real volunteers. Then I think in our
4 or 5 week we will teach in Italian. Crazy huh!
But all is well & thanks for the letters. Next week I'll try to do
separate emails to everyone, but we will see. Thanks again for
everything. Dad, how are the Jazz doing? I heard they beat Houston
in the 1st round??

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING! I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Love, Anziano Mathis

P.S Next time the letter won't be so long, but I had to make up for my
email mistake

0 Comments: